Do I need renter’s insurance?

Individuals residing in a cooperative house may choose to purchase renter’s insurance for personal property. MCC purchases insurance on physical structures and contents of shared spaces, but this policy does not cover a member’s personal property. If a member chooses to purchase renter’s insurance, it should be considered akin to traditional renter’s insurance that one might purchase while renting a unit within an apartment complex.