DEADLINE EXTENDED to Friday December 7th.
MCC seeks a Web Intern for December 2012 through April 15, 2013
Our web intern is taking a leave of absence, so MCC is seeking a temporary (5-month) interim website intern.
This position will be 10-12 hours/month through April 15, 2013, with possibility for additional hours particularly in December and January.
The intern will be paid $12.50/hour. The intern will submit their time sheet (with hours worked and descriptions of tasks completed) to the Member Services Coordinator (MSC) on a biweekly basis and will be paid for actual hours worked, not to exceed 12 hours per month without prior approval from the MSC. The hours will necessarily be flexible due to the nature of the position, and will sometimes require work on short notice.
The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the MCC website.
- Assist with training members to access the full functionality of the MCC website (such as trainings at member orientations and general membership meetings)
- Work with staff and members to create improvements and alterations to the MCC website. This includes leading brainstorming sessions as well as informing MCC members and staff about what is possible in the existing framework, and what any anticipated cost will be.
- Interact with web programmers/designers to implement any changes to the MCC website.
- Create project budgets for any outside contracting that is needed.
- Experience with creating and maintaining websites
- Strong writing skills
- Drupal, PHP and other programming experience preferred
- Attention to detail
To apply, please submit the following to Rek Kwawer at email@example.com:
1. A cover letter describing your interest in the position and your relevant skills
2. A resume
3. Three references, including at least 2 who can speak to your experience with website development or maintenance.
Deadline to apply: December 3, 2012 December 7, 2012
Anticipated date of decision: as soon as possible
Anticipated start date: December 15, 2012
Priority for this position will be given to current MCC members.